Focus & Finish
Focus and Finish is a voluntary program within the high school that provides an alternative to the traditional high school classrooms and provides opportunities for students to meet graduation requirements and graduate with a diploma. Our goal is to work with students and families to and create individualized opportunities to succeed and be ready for college or a career.
Focus and Finish is an individualized learning environment with a mixture of on-line and textbook curriculum for students who need an alternative pathway for academic success. Applications are available in guidance offices or on the website. Once submitted, applications are reviewed by the transition committee for approval. Upon approval, an individual schedule best suited to meet each student's needs will be developed. This could include full-time or part-time enrollment in the Focus and Finish program.
Criteria for enrollment:
- First priority will be given to 5th year seniors and 4th year juniors, based on credits earned toward graduation.
- Seniors who are not on track to graduate during the fourth year of high school.
- Students who have not met the number of credits required to progress to the next grade level.
- Students with extraordinary circumstances who have a desire or need to graduate early.
- Students who have extraordinary circumstances or hardships; flexible scheduling may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Students who need to recover a failed credit may be scheduled into the Focus and Finish room for a class period.
Students and parents must complete an application to request enrollment in Focus and Finish with their assigned district home school. The home school guidance counselor and principal or designee must approve and sign the application to continue the process. You may access the application below.
The application will be reviewed by the district transition committee to ensure eligibility criteria are met. After approval by the committee, a meeting will be scheduled with the student and parent to develop an Individual Learning Plan before or during enrollment in Focus and Finish.